Online Responsible Gambling
If you choose to gamble, do so for entertainment purposes.
- If your online gambling is no longer an enjoyable activity then ask yourself why you are still “playing.”
Treat the money you lose as the cost of your entertainment.
- Treat any winnings as a bonus.
Set a money limit and stick to it.
- Think before doing, not only what you can “afford” to lose, but how much you want to spend. Do not change your mind after losing.
Set a time limit and stick to it.
- Decide how much of your time you want to allow for online gambling. Leave when you reach the time limit whether you are winning or losing.
Make it a private rule not to gamble on credit.
- Do not borrow money to gamble.
Create balance in your life.
- Online gambling should not interfere with or substitute for friends, family, work or other worthwhile activities.
Avoid “chasing” lost money.
- Chances are the more you try to recoup your losses the larger your losses will be.
Don’t gamble as a way to cope with emotional or physical pain.
- Gambling for reasons other than entertainment can lead to problems.
Become educated about the warning signs of problem online gambling.
- The more you know, the better choices you can make.